Craftsmen and remodelers are using traditional circular saws and table saws less and less on the job site as track saws like the Festool TS 55 REQ have continued to take over the niche they used to fill: breaking down sheet goods, cutting into finished carpentry, straight lining rough cut lumber, bevel cuts, and more.
Here are just a handful of the advanced features that make this tool a premium pick:
- Plunge Cut Security: Festool’s plunge cut track saw offers the safety of a circular saw blade that is fully concealed until you plunge it to a specified depth for your job. After you’ve adjusted the precision depth with micro-adjustable controls, the riving knife prevents kickback to ensure incredible accuracy for all of your cuts.
- Superior Dust Extraction: When hooked up to the Festool CT 26 HEPA, this track saw can be rendered almost completely sawdust free. The vacuum does the cleanup before the cut is even finished, which speeds up your work without any added effort. This way you won’t have to contend with dangerous dust in the air that irritates the eyes and lungs while leaving fine particles settled across the whole job site.
- A Zero-Clearance Cut: A special plastic lip on the edge of the track called the Splinterguard is positioned to provide pressure against the surface you’re cutting all the way up to the edge of the saw blade. This means no splinters or damage, even on delicate cabinet-grade plywood. If it wears out over time, you can easily switch it out with a fresh Splinterguard without ever needing to replace the whole track.
On the Job—Finished Flooring Project
If you find yourself in the middle of a remodeling project where you need to cut through finished flooring—and you want to avoid damage to the subfloor—Festool’s plunge cut track saw is the ideal tool for the job. You can take the tool straight to the job where the spinterguard-equipped track will ensure perfectly straight, splinter-free, highly accurate cuts every time.
Calibrate the plunge of the saw blade to the precise thickness of the finished floorboards, hook up the dust extraction hose, and make a smooth cut without any mess to clean up. The little-to-zero dust makes this tool perfect for work right in a home. And since you can’t secure a track to the floor with clamps, it even comes outfitted with non-slip strips on the bottom of the track that will reliably prevent it from sliding. This will keep your cuts exactly where you want them on finished floors where inaccuracies can be costly.
The TS 55 REQ aims to prevent you from needing cumbersome job-site table saws and inaccurate handheld circular saws ever again.
Book a Tool Demo Today!
US Tool and Fastener can give you a live demonstration of the form and functions of our tools before you buy. For this saw, we’d showcase how to:
- Set up and calibrate the track saw to the guide rail
- Cut into the Splinterguard for a precise, splinter-free cut every time
- Link guide rails with connectors for jobs that require extra long, perfectly straight cuts.
After that, we can show you what it takes to use the saw in cutting down sheet goods with useful accessories like track-fitted quick clamps and TSO guide rail squares. Finally, we’ll wrap up our demo with practical insights into a project that could be of interest to you, so that you can see firsthand how this track saw can fulfill your needs.
Contact us for a demo and we’d be happy to book you for an in-person demonstration at our facility of the incredible power of the Festool TS 55 REQ Track Saw.