Ever since it first surfaced on the European Festool websites, we’ve been eagerly anticipating the formal release of the Festool cordless impact driver in the United States. Described by Festool as a “powerhouse” of a tool, the TID 18 is the kind of compact, versatile, and high-performance impact driver tool you’re not going to want to go without.
To give you a glimpse into the capabilities of this exciting new tool ahead of its July 2020 release, here are some of the most compelling features you’ll find with the Festool TID 18 Impact Driver.
A Powerhouse of a Cordless Impact Driver
The Festool 2020 lineup is looking great, but the crown jewel in this new Festool launch is undoubtedly the TID 18 Impact Driver. Thanks to the next-generation brushless EC TEC motor, the Festool cordless impact driver offers users an unprecedented degree of performance, endurance, and control.
With the TID 18, you’ll have a tool that adapts to your needs. Thanks to the versatility of its EC TEC motor, you’ll be able to take advantage of three-speed levels that can be tailored to accommodate whatever material you’re working with. Here’s what each of the three-speed levels can do:
- Level 1: Can reach up to 1,200 RPM
- Level 2: Can reach up to 2,000 RPM
- Level 3: Can reach up to 3,200 RPM with a top torque of 1593 in. lbs. / 180 Nm
- T-mode: 3200 RPM lowering to about 750 RPM
The tool’s built-in T-mode, designed specifically for driving self-tapping screws, can even detect the difference between materials and adjust its speed accordingly. So, if you’re attaching sheet metal to wood, or any hard material to a softer material, the T-mode will automatically detect the difference between materials and adjust the speed of the tool to best work with whatever material it comes into contact with.
Incredible Performance, Endurance, and Ease-of-Use
Thanks to that brushless EC TEC motor we mentioned, and the new HighPower 4.0 Li Battery Pack that powers it, the TID 18 is a low-weight and high-power impact tool with outstanding safety and comfort feature like:
- A kickback-free hammer mechanism that drives the fastener forward, instead of spinning the drill around the screw, to protect your wrist from unnecessary strain.
- Ergonomic, compact design to keep your work accurate and easy, even in those especially hard to reach areas.
- A mobile Systainer case that allows the TID 18 to be seamlessly integrated into whatever Festool storage system you have in your workstation.
- The ability to accept standard 1/4" Hex Shank bits in a quick change bit holder.
- A built-in LED light to illuminate the work area.
- Reversible belt clip attachment.
And since the TID 18 is covered by Festool’s three-year comprehensive warranty, that covers wear-and-tear on the tool, its charger, and the battery, if you run into any problems with this uniquely intuitive cordless impact driver, Festool will take care of it and get you working again in record time.
If you’re excited to get your hands on this, or any of the other tools coming out of the Festool 2020 catalog, then make sure you preorder yours today! And if you have any questions, or want to book a demo for any of the Festool tools we carry, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.