Making mortise and tenon joints used to be a slow and painstaking task. No more. With the Festool Domino DF 500 joiner and a set of pre-fabricated beech and sipo Domino tenons, it’s jaw-droppingly easy to create flawless mortises at precise intervals and angles every single time. The easily adjustable mortise size and depth and the pivoting fence make joinery rapid, repeatable, and more efficient than it's ever been.
Here are just a handful of the advanced features that make this tool a premium pick for work on panels, frames, cabinetry, boxes, furniture, tables, balustrades, and more:
- Top Notch Accessories: With the included cross stop you’ll only need to mark your first mortise to create a perfectly matched series in your material. A retractable pin fits into your last mortise so that you can index off of it and repeat identical intervals as far as the project requires. The handy trim stop accessory also makes it possible to quickly and accurately recreate mortises on smaller trim pieces where the pre-set indexing pins are spaced out to far.
- Impressive Adjustability: The fence angle is fully and precisely adjustable for miter routing of 0°-90° degrees. Stop positions at 0°, 22.5°, 45°, 67.5°, and 90° help you to quickly match common miter angles. The adjustable cutter height, 3-size mortise width dial, and precision depth stop (with 5 mortise depths relative to the size of the tenons) ensure that every mortise is exactly where you want it, at any size, angle, and depth.
- Patented Cutting Action: The spiral cutter rotates and oscillates to cut clear, perfect, easily repeatable mortises. Just plunge the tool into the work and within seconds you’ve got a flawless mortise.
On the Job—Framing a Display Case
Pocket holes aren’t the best option when you’re crafting a beautiful wooden display case that’s intended to be seen from both sides. Biscuits are too structurally weak for joining end-grain to long-grain pieces because they don’t penetrate deeply enough and have grain that runs on a 45-degree angle (they’re best for alignment in gluing scenarios, not actual structural support).
Enter the Festool Domino, which makes mortise and tenon easier than ever. Whether you decide to miter the case’s corners or simply sink your mortises into an end-grain side and a long-grain side, the domino can match its fence to the angle, cutter to depth, and mortises to size with a few quick measurements and clicks. Use the trim stop to swiftly and easily repeat mortises on the corners of each shelf piece as well, so that you don’t need to rely on brackets, pocket holes, or screw holes through the stiles.
With your Domino hooked up to the dust extraction system you won’t even need to worry about the mess.
Book a Tool Demo Today!
US Tool and Fastener can give you a live demonstration of the form and functions of our tools before you buy. For this joiner, we’d showcase how to:
- Set up and use the accessories that come with the Full Kit, including the cross and trim stops.
- Change bits, use the oversize settings, and operate all features of the Domino DF 500.
- Ensure your accuracy is never affected by user error with a few simple tips:
- Marking the material face
- Registering mortise cuts off the fence, not the base
- Hand positioning for even pressure through the handle
- Slow, steady plunges of the cutter
After that, we’d demonstrate ways to connect a few different joint styles—all with little to no dust from the mortises. Finally, we’ll finish up our demo with live insights into a project of interest to you, such as building a piece of furniture, so that you can see for yourself the advantages of the Domino Joiner.
Contact us for a demo and we’d be happy to book you for an in-person demonstration at our facility of the incredible power of the Festool Domino DF 500 Joiner.