Festool’s reputation is unparalleled in the world of craftsman tools. We’ve written in the past about the phenomenal advantages offered by tools like their TS 55 REQ Track Saw and Domino DF 500 Joiner. How could you possibly upgrade flawless Festool tools like these?
Well, it just so happens that TSO manufactures a fantastic line of supplementary accessories, and TSO products can take any Festool Fanatic’s toolbox to the next level. Here are a couple standouts for your consideration:
1. The TSO GRS-16 Guide Rail Square
There’s a reason this TSO accessory gets flawless 5-star reviews in our store. Customers are calling it “incredibly easy,” “a huge time saver,” and “a must have for your track saw.” This guide rail square is so accurate that there’s “virtually no calibration necessary or even possible.” Say goodbye to wobbly T-slots and a smorgasbord of loose parts for calibration. The TSO GRS-16 Guide Rail Square is a completely self-contained, self-aligning system that upgrades your Festool, Triton, or Makita track saws with advantages like:
- An easy-to-install, reshaped T feature lead-in
- A draw latch that squares in five seconds (slide the square onto the rail, lock the latch, boom)
- The smallest and lightest form factor for conventional, front-referencing cuts
- Notches in the reference edges that accommodate popular clamps like the Festool Screw Clamp
- The complete confidence of satisfied owners who have tested the accuracy of these TSO products to within 2 thousands of an inch!
You could go with the basic model, or try the TSO GRS-16 PE for a parallel edge square that can reference the front and the back edge of your workpiece. Both models come together in our TSO Guide Rail Square Combination Set.
2. The TSO Parallel Guide System
For years now, the GRS-16 or GRS-16 PE have set the highest bar for guide rail squares. TSO has harnessed this success by releasing a Parallel Guide System that uses either model (at least one is required) for a standard-setting, all-in-one squaring and cutting solution.
With most Parallel Guide Systems for track saws, you only get that—parallel cuts. The TSO TPG System allows you to easily and accurately cut both parallel and square all in one task, saving time and material waste! The TSO TPG 20 & 30 parallel guide system gives you two t-tracks with 20 and 30-inch maximum cut width capacities.
With these tracks, you can:
- Extend the reach of your guide square to the full edge of your workpiece
- Combine squaring and ripping into one task
- Have the option to use a single t-track
- Disengage quickly from the guide rail
Finally, TSO offers a standalone pair of extended 50-inch guide rails (without the flip-stop, calibration rob, or star grip knobs) for the largest workpieces.
3. The TSO BigFoot Support Bracket (for Festool’s Domino)
Vertical mortising is tricky—and even unsafe—without a broad, stable support bracket to hold your joiner in place. The original Festool bracket accessory for the Domino works just fine, but this upgrade from TSO has:
- Significantly more base surface area for improved stability
- A substantial support handle (absent from the Festool bracket)
- Comfort grip knobs for quick affixing to your Domino
- A large, open viewport with a cursor to align the Domino
Use TSO Products to Upgrade Your Workbench
TSO guarantees the accuracy of its products, which are constructed to quickly and easily boost the performance of your top-of-the-line tools to truly unreal levels.
Two honorable mention TSO products also worth checking out are the TSO MTR-18 Precision System Triangle and the TSO MTR-18 Master Accessory Kit. When you’re working on a perforated worktop with Festool DoubleGroove Large Dogs, there’s nothing that beats a triangle guaranteed to square within .001” over it’s 18” length. The accessory kit only further expands your options with ways to dial in infinite and repeatable angles or clamp the triangle while it’s upright.
Tools like these are why discerning craftsmen and Festool fanatics love to use TSO products with their Festool Tools.